Many of those buried in Oregon City did not meet peaceful ends. Accidents, murder, drownings, explosions and more brought about many of the deaths of our residents.
“Fiction Furnishes No Female Character to Equal Her True Story” 1907 murder of Joseph Maxwell and Martha Maxwell Henderson, suicide of William Henderson and the true story of Martha’s criminal past…
- Joseph D. Maxwell, Mountain View Cemetery, I. O. O. F., Lot 60
- Martha Maxwell Henderson, Mountain View Cemetery, First Addition, Lot 152
- William M. Henderson, Mountain View Cemetery, Old Cemetery, Lot 239
- Charles Wesley Pope, Mountain View Cemetery, I. O. O. F., Lot 56.
- George J. Hanlon, Oregon City Night Police, St. John’s Catholic Cemetery
- James Rettinger, 26 year old O. N. G. member killed while blasting stumps at home, 1909. Mt. View Cemetery, First Addition, Block 251, family stone.